Monday, January 09, 2006

I would rename this thing the BILE DUCT if I could do so in my profile, but there doesn't seem to be a way to accomplish that as far as I can tell.

I'm going to have a nice day off today. I know this because I am here early to spew and get stupid annoying thoughts off my mind that would otherwise hinder my ability to not snarl.

Half of this is stuff I've complained about before, some of it gets in my head because of such activites like turning on the stupid box, being forced to ride the bus or talk to other people. I'm using this post like granola, so I won't be constipated later on and I can enjoy my day without the onset of diarhea.

That said:

Things that irk me and why I suck as an american.

What is an AMERICAN? besides an artificial pre dyed slice of processed matter that melts at the slightest heat? Do they taste good with bacon?

I am not convinced that I am a model american.
I do not mind the sound of our national anthem. I rather like some specific places in this country. Our flag is even cool as long as it does evolve into tacky forms like shirts or bandanas. We're allowed more freedoms than most countries, certainly.
But to say this is the greatest country on earth is like drinking Busch Beer and turning your nose up at Guinness.

Apparently, being the greatest country on this earth involves a lot of practices that I think are utter crap. We all know that the government is full of corrupt idiots with insider trading information and overly large lungs/egos. Yet, every four years, we are given this illusion of CHOICE, that WE can make a difference in how this country is run by punching little holes in a piece of paper that we hope SOMEONE has the ability to properly count.

If I really thought that making specific holes in paper would change our situation, I'd be making fucking paper snowflakes.

Sure, we get a choice. A choice such as "Would you like to be stabbed in the stomach, or the eye?" "Hmmm, no thanks. I'll have the chicken."

When choice involves figuring out which pile of shit will stick less to your shoes and if it's likely to smell down the road, than I hardly call that a choice.

The first time I voted in a decade was a protest vote, for this very reason. I am glad for this chance to voice my opinion, don't get me wrong, but I would enjoy this freedom much more if I were given the chance to choose something worthwhile.

Perhaps this is a cracked idea, but given that I know I wasn't the only person who didn't like either choice in the past election, and that many people vote for libertarian or green party candidates not even because they'll win but because they don't want to support two other losers, is to offer an actual PROTEST VOTE space on ballots. If given the choice to actively voice the fact that we think your nominees are shit, it could even be possible that people who don't normally vote may actually turn out if they have such a choice presented. If such an idea was used, it would be easier to keep track of how many people are actually voting for candidates because the like them, instead of "Well, this one has nicer ties."

Of course, then there's the problem that could occur - what if the protest vote exceeds the count for either of the candidates.

That would be fucked up, but an obvious message.

Oh, and as for the party system? Fuck it. Republican and Democrat are just labels for bottles and most opinions, views and beliefs within one human are too much to be contained in one weak little bottle. It hasn't been working. Belonging to a party is longing belong to a religion - if you can't adhere to the tenets and dogma presented therein, then you likely will get flack from those who "do" and really don't belong there to being with. there's no sense in fitting a tiny glass slipper on a big foot.

Have I mentioned that our sense of health sucks? Not entirely, of course. There are people who are exercising, healthy, eating right, are actually well balanced, well rested, friendly happy people. Do we hear about them? No.

The MACHINE (which actually runs everything, much like THE COMPANY in Alien)is too busy trying to wrangle our attention and is throwing so many mixed, convoluted and screwed up messages at us all in the name of progess (ie, cash and power)

Most people's diets are NOT what they should be, and in the kind of lifestyle that most people lead it can be hard to eat right because it typically requires COOKING for yourself. there's way too much over processed food with ingredients that we can't name and full of addictive chemicals that keep us eating the crap. But wait! There's more! Why is it, that to get actual JUICE (juice; n. - liquid that is squeezed from fruit)you have to pay more than for this processed dyed sugar water that barely has any juice in it? What is it more expensive to buy food that contains , well, FOOD instead of some scientific genetically altered toast shaped pizza flavored product dyed blue so kids will eat it?

We as a nation are SO over sugared and SO over caffeinated and so over stimulated that it's no wonder we're a bunch of wack jobs winding up on reality TV. Of course, no ones stopped to think that maybe our kids are being diagnosed with ADD because they eat so much sugar, get introduced to caffeine (which is a drug) at an early age, and are observing our frenetic lifestyle which they feel they must copy (or are taught to) in order to surivive?

Ah yes, medication. When your diet is crappy because you believe that eating 15 yards of bacon will help you lose weight off of your previously couch ridden TV watching ass and you still feel sluggish, depressed and have erectile dysfunction, naturally, you must be medicated.

This is a great country! And we'll drug you into believing it! YAY!
Why should purple pills falling from the sky make me happy??! Why do people with herpes always go kayaking?!!

Notice how the MACHINE wants us to wonder if there's something wrong with us by advertising mystery drugs in various fun colors that produce more and worse side effects than whatever "condition" they help? What the hell are all these fuckers for anyway? they won't tell us? You have to "ask your doctor if it's right for you." Ask your doctor, because obviously to have no power or knowledge to police your own body on a regular basis and the drug compaines want their cut. They want to make you feel inadequate, sick or wrong somehow so that you may question your own judgement and buy into their scam.

I'm waiting for drug companies to openly advertise drugs to cover the side effects of other drugs.


Have you noticed that EVERYTHING is becoming a medical condition? (thusly the need for more drugs) If you're upset with your life, sad, can't seem to find anything to care about - it's a medical condition and you need drugs for it. If you have any of a laundry list of sleep disorders (the amount of people claiming them is growing, mind you) than it's becoming a medical condition. There's drugs for that too.
Why are more and more people getting depressed? Angry? Unable to sleep?

Has....anyone bothered to, oh, I don't know....LOOK AT OUR CULTURE? We live in a country whose existence is dependent on our economic power. People are overworked, underpaid, over caffeinated to compensate for sleep lost from stress caused my meeting everyone's demands. We want everything right now -NO-, YESTERDAY. We crack down on sick days, don't allow enough vacation time, screw with people's circadian rhythms, and are so busy trying to crank out products to keep the market flowing that we forget the toll it takes on everyone. Worst of all, we are a throw away society. We make crappy stuff cheap so it breaks and people have to throw it away and buy more.

We adhere to the dogma of business, of bottom lines, of the quarterly revenue. we chant buzz words to our priestly CEO's in that they will grant us salvation through the intangible numbers on our paychecks.

We work and work and work....and to what end? What do we really get out of all this? Sure, people need products and services to survive. But they don't need have the stupid electronic gadgets out there, or the cars that are only fun to drive on the audubon, or the trendy clothing that is only good for a few months before the next season's line.

God Money I'd do anything for you.

We're so free, so very free. That's why everything here is so expensive. We're free...to buy whatever it is our hearts desire and if we can't - we just accept another credit card offer. We're free to be stressed out, neglectful of our health, our children's lives, we're free to zone out in front of the TV after working 10 hours and fill our heads with the very messages we should be avoiding...but we can't because what else are we going to do with our time? we're so tired. We don't have the energy to do much more than pop than frozen salisbury three mile island steak into the freezer and open a can of carbonated syrup to ward off the sinking feeling that we'll be doing the same damn thing tomorrow.

Why do people watch TV? because it's there. Why did the chicken cross the road? To get the TV remote. Why does TV exist? Obviously to sell us things under the guise of entertainment, and to make us feel less about ourselves so that we will buy things so that we feel better.

You know, I just hate waking up and realizing I'm not Jennifer Anniston. I think I'll buy some lipstick and get my legs waxed.

No one seems to want to live their own lives. it's always escape...escape into the lives of others on TV. LIve vicariously through celebrities who are glamourously crunchy on the outside but with a fucked up cream filling on the inside. If the people who used TV as an escape actually DID something with the lives they are so disenchanted with...imagine what could happen. Ooooh Scary. Well adjusted people. boo.

yes, there is entertainment on TV. Not much, but some, and you have to wade through so much shit just to get to it.


Ah yes. I hate cell phones. I hate the cute rings, I hate people who talk on cellphones with no consideration for others, I hate people who design cellphone plans. People have bought into the electronic leash with a fervor. I want people to leave me alone - therefore I don't own one. Sometimes, my friends are lucky if I even answer the home phone.
We are wired to the teeth with phones in one ear, ipods in the other, and palm pilots to organize what gadgets we're going to acquire next.

And silly people keep making these movies about how machines take over the world and kill us. Imagine that.

I don't believe that your ipod is going to develop AI and chew on your head, but I do believe that all the frequencies flying around aren't terribly healthy. Let's push the dark button on the toaster so we toast ourselves to a crisp. We've already got stress, poor diet, and lack of health care on our backs. Expensive gadgets are yummy! Chomp.

Notice how cancer is more prevalent than it used to be? Gone are the days of wasting away with cholera, and yellow fever. We control our own destinies now! Bring on the cancer! I gotta talk to my grandma in the supermarket line for 15 mintues about nothing.

People accuse religion of cornering the market on dogma. Has anyone forgotten science? And business? Dogma is not an exclusive club to which only clergy can join.
it can exist anywhere, like fungus. Even in subcultures that pride themselves on being "alternative", like GOTH.

Even atheists have dogma.
Personally though, I don't believe in the existence of atheists. Even if atheists really existed, it would be necessary to abolish them.

Sigh.

We're all kinds of fucked up in theis country (hell, in this world). Specifically here, though, we've got so many double standards that we don't know who or what to follow anymore, and we can't seem to think for ourselves because we don't have time or energy. We let the MACHINE do the thinking.

We are our own worst enemy.

I've had dreams where I'm playing a character, or a role which isn't me at all - often times is opposite of me or has qualities that I would never want. I play this role for a while then realize somewhere along the way that something is wrong. I'm usually having trouble with something or someone in the dream at this point - being abused or oppressed, putting up with crap that makes no sense and isn't getting me anywhere. At the realization of this, I know I'm dreaming. it's a dream, and I have control over it. I can change my reality however I choose - I don't have to blindly follow this role I've been given.

I wake up inside the dream and face those who abuse me. I turn the tables on those who oppress me. I now that I have the power to be who I am and that everyone who is trying to get in my way has failed. Utterly.

I wake up inside the dream.

It's all a dream. Every last bit.

A Dream.

WAKE UP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home