Friday, February 03, 2006

crabby crabby crabby.

I SO enjoy being female. About as much as I enjoy a sharp piece of toast in my eye.

what's pissing me off now? hormones.
But hormones make me rant even more about things that already piss me off.

What set me off? This morning I read a brief story on yahoo about some euro cartoon involving a caricature of mohammed with a turban shaped like a bomb - a cartoon that was supposed to be making a comment on radical Islam.

So what happens? Naturally, muslims get pissed off. Ok, fine. That is a disrespectful cartoon. (I haven't seen it personally) And it isn't really right to goad another religion by using commentary as such. They could have gone about it in a a different way and delivered their same message I'm sure.

the problem I have is with HOW the muslims are responding - apparently those in palestine (and we know how bloodthirsty they tend to be) were burning danish flags and there was some quote I read about how denmark should be blown up. How anyone who blasphemes their prophet should be executed.

This is NOT godly behavior. Not at all.

This is a wonderful example of why religion gets a bad name. I don't care how fucking holy you say you are or YOUR GOD is, if you decide that those who don't agree with you should get horribly maimed and murdered because YOU are right, then you are not operating in GOD's channel.

I'm so very disgusted by overly righteous people using religion as power, as a steamroller to wipe out everything that doesn't agree with their philosophy. That is NOT what it's for ya fucking morons. In case you haven't noticed, we live in a pretty big world, where, like it or not, there is a wide variety of people with varying beliefs and backgrounds. We are living on this rock in order to learn how to deal with the diversity of humanity, how to celebrate our differences and not wield them like fucking axes. Doesn't anyone read history? Doesn't anyone have a goddamn mother fucking clue that this kind of petty shit doesn't work and never will? No one wins because we're supposed to be working together, not against each other.

RELIGION IS NOT A WEAPON. GOD IS NOT A WEAPON. Get it through your thick power hungry agenda filled skulls you bastards.

The "Holy Land" has become a literal HOLE with all the bloodshed. This is a tired old battle.

"Jews are evil. Christians are evil. Muslims are evil." EVIL EVIL EVIL We've heard all this shit before over and over and our ancestors died because they couldn't see the mother fucking forest for the trees. When are people going to get their heads out of their asses long enough to see they aren't doing anything new or beneficial and concede that maybe there is more than one black and white way to view things.

What will it take for people to get past their arrogance and pride and false honor, to set this detrius aside and just accept that we are all from the same fucking place.
Do we have to start another war again??? How stupid is mankind? Please don't answer. I already know.

Humans are small in this universe. And yet we think we are so very big and important. Well, it's almost a paradox. We are big and yet small. The point is, our petty little scuffles don't advance us as a race at all. They don't make us any more noble or divine. They only thing they accomplish is continue a legacy of hate and stupidity, and conditioning that needs to get stuffed down the garbage disposal.

I know I'm harping about God again, but I can't help that He/she/it is watching us thinking "Dude, not again. Sigh. Guess I'll have some more cookies."

Yes, God likes cookies. And so should you.

What else is pissing me off? Besides everything?

How about I rant on "why I want my own business"
A. working for other people is a crock. I can barely stand the idea of work as it is. I do someone else's dirty work all day so I can accumulate and amorphous income that exists only on paper - and not even the useless though artful paper which in past history was a promissory note for actual metal of value.

I despise having to follow someone else's schedule, having to serve people who see me as a servant more than a person, waiting on rich people who are as cheap as shit and are so ugly on the inside that even their vital organs want to defect.

I would never want to be a manager and deal with even more shit than I already do.
I have yet to have a decent job that paid me an amount I deserve without gallons of undue stress and responsibility that I didn't want.

Bottom line: I don't fucking care about someone else's agenda. Go serve your own purposes. you can't have me.

If I am going to have meet anyone's expectations, it'll be my own. And trust me, they are difficult, but I know what to expect.

I'm not sewing stuff for people anymore, except for a simple wedding dress that I already agreed to, because the very reason I refused to sew for people before finally happened when I broke down to take on the projects. I put in a lot of time and my own money, and I have yet to get paid for most of it.
No one understands how much effort goes into making something, or what a bitch it can be if problems arise. it's not worth my time.

That's why I'm getting serious about doing my own art/crafts and selling them. I enjoy making stuff. I can do it for well over 8 hours a day. It's hard to get me to stop. I make what I think people will like, and I've already gottne good comments from the few who have seen my stuff. I will set my own price - based of course on time and effort and what I think people are willing to pay.

But all of the effort and work and praise should I get any will be MINE. I can only blame myself for mistakes, and I have only myself to thank if things go well.

I've always been very DIY, almost out of necessity. Now is the time to make it happen. never mind that I do have this plan of recycling crap into beauty because of the wasteful nature of society.

My business will not only be something creative that I enjoy, but it will be beneficial. All that money wasted on credit card offers, useless coupons, bad internet service cds, empty tins and containers - I'll make use of it. while I'm at it, I'll bring back the old way of doing things - such as actually making stuff by hand and not cranking it out of a machine so objects will have their own individuality.

I will figure out the business background of things - it's not like I didn't grow up in a household with a home business before. I'm already making connections and getting even more serious about the whole idea because it's WHAT I WANT.

I know it won't always be easy, but neither has doing any of the other shit I've done ver the years. But it will be far more rewarding, even if it takes time to get it going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home