Tuesday, August 26, 2003

I'm previewing the wedding music now. I've been doing everything but beating my computer with a stick to get 6 cds burt for the wedding music. I can only hope that the 5 disc changer at the reception will play them. My dress still needs a waistband, but I'll be taking care of that later today.

Thank god this is almost done. Still have to redye my hair and get some other odds and ends.

Our honeymoon flight and hotel are booked, although not at the same hotel as last time. :( A little sad about that. But it still has a rooftop pool, and we'll be in the french quarter this time so we can roll out of bed and go drink and eat. We're on royal street though, so hopefully we won't catch the smells from bourbon street.

I told Mike last night in the heat of my frustration "We're never getting married again." he gave me a look.
I'm telling you all this stuff is ridiculous! I think even Mike could agree on an elopement at this point...(which is what I originally wanted)

I will say we are likely to have the most styling bunch of guests ever. I'm vaguely worried my friend wayne will outdress me and I'll have to ask him to join the single ladies for the bouquet toss.

The bachelor party is looking to be way bigger than our bachelorette party. But then again, that happens when some of them don't have significant others. I'm fine with it. Mike's not all that roudy, plus there can't be that many attractive hookers in cleveland. I think they all have peg legs and 3 teeth or something like that. (just kidding)

basically our party will consist of me looking at a pint of cider and getting loopy. Actually, I think all of us are a big bunch of lightweights. I expressly told Kelly that I DO NOT go for greasy naked men. or women for that matter. scruffy long haired germans or scots in kilts with bagpipes, maybe...but the likelihood of finding that is nil....

anyhow, drinking and getting stupid is plenty for me. Some of us have already started the drinking. heh.

Damn..I just realized there's 2 peter murphy songs in a row on this CD. I just can't get this shit right. oh well. i'm redoing one of them because an entire song skips. that should take ...all day I surmise.

yarrrr.

there will be no garter dances either. if mike tries to retrieve anything from under my skirt, I'm very certain he won't be able to come out from under it. the gravitational pull all could suck small children underneath it, and I really think it should make a beeping noise when I walk backwards. I imagine someone will be making chalk marks throughout the night to check off how much furniture I've knocked over.

The good side is, my bustle is a built in air bag and parachute.

here's to being a neurotic bride.

I'm not yer average neurotic bride though. I'm not concerned with the color of the flowers or the runner of if the stupid ring bearer pillow has tassels on it.

I wonder how many people are going to bring fuzzy skulls to the reception, and I wonder if anyone is going to catch the tool song I threw into the dinner music, and if I should wear my combat boots to the reception when I change my dress later on in the night.

I have a number of people I'd like to throw the bouquet at, also. They're asking for it.

I hope people tie spooky crap to the back of the car. No poofy pink shit. unless it's black light sensitive.

Maybe i should teach mike how to slow dance.....hmmmmm.

Anyhow, the dance cd is almost over so I should get my butt in gear.

yeehah folks. chances are the next time I write I'll be hitched.

Isn't love grand? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home