Thursday, October 31, 2002

arghg. halloween itself is not going to be all that eventful of a day...being on a thursday in the middle of my school week. I'm sitting here at work, in costume, and here I'll be all day and I only have one class. :P I wanted to wear my actual costume, but as there are still some sewing issues to be taken care of, i wasn't able to. It will be ready for the party on saturday though.

This week has been ridiculous with preparations for the party and costume crap, and homework, production meetings for the play, trying to eat and sleep and keep my place clean. i'm ready to pass out. I wish I wasn't crabby today...maybe as the day moves along it will get better. But I see boredom on the horizon...blah. No plans for tonight outside of finishing up party deco after work. I may be too tired to do anything anyhow.

and...another thing. I'm kinda getting depressed about halloween more and more as years go by because less people bother to dress up every year. I mean. COME ON...you have 364 other days out of the year to be normal and comformist. Loosen the fuck up and wear something scary or stupid or silly. Don't stand there and look at me like I'M a freak because I'm dressed up on a HOLIDAY when that kind of thing is encouraged. Bad enough I dress strange the rest of the year - what excuse do I have besides...well, that's just me? (aside from me being a costume designer) People are so afraid to stand out or look different in the slightest way. It, frustrates someone like me who, while having little courage in general, has the guts to dress the way I want to.
I get sick of having abercrombie and gap patrons stare at me when I wear something out of the ordinary - people who for the most part wouldn't have the balls to drop the trendy shit and wear what they choose despite what others think.

ok...I must be pissy as I've just realized my ranting. blargh. ok. looks like I'm in for a cranky morning. Must be the getting up at the ungodly hour of 6:30am to get dressed n stuff. maybe a healthy dose of sugar or coffee will fix it. or maybe just some angry music.

now blaring: Skinny Puppy - The Process

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home